Yesterday, I talked about the Backup Task not being editable in the Maintenance Plan. The workaround was also discussed. After posting that topic, I worked more on that and found an easy solution. Here it is.
- Open SSMS and open the Maintenance Plan for editing
- Click on the Backup Task and Press F4
- This will open up the Properties window for that task
- Navigate to “ExpireDate” property
- Remove the entry in that property and leave it blank
- Save the Maintenance Plan
Voila! the Backup task is ready to be edited. Sometimes the easiest of solutions come out after the issue has been resolved. Isn’t it?